Bungie Announces Final Destiny Alpha Stats
Holy hell… for an alpha test, a lot of you (myself included), apparently took to that first, brief stay in the world of Destiny well. Bungie has released the final statistics on the how the test, which ran from June 12 to June 16, went in their weekly update blog yesterday, and if numbers mean anything there’s going to be a whole lot of people lining up when the full game finally hits in September. Obviously Bungie is pretty ecstatic about it, as they should be:
Celebration is very atypical at our studio. Successful milestones fly by without the pomp and circumstance you might expect out of a group of ultra-passionate game creators with an unlimited supply of Red Bull. More often than not, our collective enthusiasm is tempered by a fiery criticism that would make even the most e-battle hardened YouTube commenters wince away from the screen, eyes watering.But this week at Bungie, we danced… and so did some of you.
As for the numbers themselves… well, just take a look:
- 149,522,313 Primary Weapon Kills
- 21,782,610 Secondary Weapon Kills
- 4,002,737 Heavy Weapon Kills
- 21,687,298 Super Ability Kills
- 2,819,211 Orbs of Light Gathered
- 6,850,773 Control Points Captured in the Crucible
- 1,195 Deathless Medals awarded in the Crucible
- 4,356 Splatters with the Sparrow
- 667,966 Public Events Joined
- 60,491,944 Fallen Dregs Dispatched with Extreme Prejudice
- Too many to count: Guardians served in Dance Parties
- 6,461,871 Player Games Played!
As someone who pretty much spent that entire weekend eating the game up, I’ve got to say these numbers are beyond well deserved. Destiny in its current state is already an amazingly solid experience, to the point where I can’t completely fathom the fact that what I played was an alpha build. So hats off to you Bungie! I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the full release.