Can Videogame Trailers be Cool? You Bet!
So after getting home at the end of a long, hard day of work,Â I dropped my backpack off at my usual makeshift “office”, crawled into my jammies, and flopped onto the couch.
There was no way I was going to turn on a game; I was was too tired.
But, I did manage to turn on the Xbox and had the controller in my hand before I knew it. Must’ve been my automatic “gamer reflexes” kicking in.
Yeah, it was too late.
Either I was going to end up watching a random flick on Netflix, or I was going to turn on a game.
Hmmm… I’d have to browse through tons of titles on Netflix, and I was damn sure that half an hour later, I wouldn’t even be close to making a selection.
Perchance a game?
My mind was blitzed and I had no room for any sort of concentration. I needed something to watch that would entertain me for a minute at a time. And that’s when I remembered all the trailers I had downloaded,Â sitting pregnant for my viewing pleasure.
Now I remember why I haven’t deleted them off my drive.
1. Dark Souls 2 – So atmospheric. So solitary. This one has me hyped for the release next year.
2. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron – Everlove’s “Cities in Dust” and Metroplex. ‘Nuff said.
3. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 – Sweeping orchestral melodies and Gabriel as an antagonist? Sold.
4. Crysis 2 – B.O.B. laying down some additional rhymes on Sinatra’s “New York”. Oh, and Alcatraz flexing in his Nanosuit.
5. Halo 3 – Starry Night. This one ran as a super-bowl commercial. I can see why.
6. Halo 3Â – The reveal trailer, which is also my favorite Halo trailer. I usually lose it every time I get to the “I am your shield, I am your sword” part *shivers*
7. Gears of War – The “Mad World” trailer. Perfectly captured the essence of the first game. Well, besides the guns and gore.
8. Gears of War 2 – The Last Day trailer. Some downtime with our favorite Cogs. Great track as well.
9. Mirrors Edge – The E3 trailer. I don’t care what any of you think. I LOVE this trailer. Bash away.
To each their own. I know you guys probably have your favorites as well. Chime in and let us know in the comments below!