Dragon’s Crown 1.05 Patch Adds New Difficulty and Much More
If you’ve been playing Dragon’s Crown and thought you’d squeezed every last drop of enjoyment and challenge fromÂ the excellent side-scrolling RPG, then think again. Not content with previous updates that brought with them improved balancing and CrossPlay support, Atlus and Vanillaware recently released a patch for both the PS3 and Vita versions of the game that adds a wealth of new features and content. You can view a full list of the changes and updates made to Dragon’s Crown in patch 1.05 below.
- Gameplay stability is improved.
- Clearing the ninth layer in the Labyrinth of Chaos unlocks a new â€œUltimateâ€ difficulty level. This difficulty can be selected at the Temple.
- When in Ultimate difficulty, a new randomly generated dungeon named the â€œTower of Miragesâ€ is added.
- Ultimate difficulty raises the level cap from level 99 to level 255.
- Item shortcuts can now be assigned and used separately by holding L1 and the Up directional button.
- Damage values can now be displayed as a running total instead of per-hit.
- To help increase player character visibility, characters can be shown with transparencies when they are on top of one another. This feature is available in the Options menu and can be toggled on or off.
- Save files that have cleared Story mode can skip the first quests leading to the Talisman collection when creating a new character.
- Guild Quests that have already been cleared may now be skipped in subsequent playthroughs.
- Character class skills have received a number of adjustments.
- NPC behavior has been adjusted.
- Rules and effects regarding equipment, items, and skills in the Colosseum have been adjusted.
- Other tuning and minor improvements to various gameplay elements have been made.
A fairly generous update, I think you’ll agree. Patch 1.05 for Dragon’s Crown is available now in both the US and European markets.